Real-World Range vs. BMW's Claims

BMW i4 Forum

Help Support BMW i4 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anders_anderson

Just got my i4, and I've been meticulously tracking the range. While BMW claims a certain number, I'm curious about what you all are actually getting. How does your real-world range compare to the official numbers, especially under different driving conditions?

I'm not tracking so take it for what its worth.

I drive in city, haven't left yet, and I'm getting right at 250 miles per charge if my mental calculations are right. My area is hilly so I'm thinking on flat roads I would likely get the max.

I don't own one yet, but hope I do in the near future. Just want to hear from you.

Is fast-charging available, and if so, what is the charging time for a significant percentage of the battery?

I get between 280-330 miles based on ambient temps. My average efficiency has been 4.2 overall with about 9000 miles and loads of trips now. I am not trying to hyper-mile at all. Not like the i3. The car hasn't been an issue - the issue I have is when at EA charging stations. They are a mess (at least half of the time I stop to charge there is some sort of issue).

Latest posts

Back