Do you have fire extinguisher in your i4?

BMW i4 Forum

Help Support BMW i4 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry

Does anyone have advice on how to mount a fire extinguisher? I'm still trying to determine whether mounting it in front or under the passenger seat is feasible, or if it might pose a hazard. Any recommendations on alternative mounting locations would be appreciated.

Mounting a fire extinguisher in any car is a good safety consideration. I wish there is a designated location for mounting a fire extinguisher. My car, which is not a BMW, is trunk-mounted to make sure it does not interfere with airbag deployment or pose any risks.

I think that would be a good addition to any car's trunk/boot or under the front dashboard. There could be a better place for one.

I wish there is a designated location for mounting a fire extinguisher.
Right, I wonder why most if not all carmakers do not include it in their design?
I think that would be a good addition to any car's trunk/boot or under the front dashboard. There could be a better place for one.
Agree. Safety first. And those areas are quickly accessible as well.

I'm wondering about one of the fire blankets I've seen advertised. Suppose to work on stove fires, and on engines. Where would a fire be likely to happen on an EV?

For an EV, I think fire incidents are rare, thanks to the design of the battery pack and other safety features. However, if a fire were to occur, it might involve the battery compartment or electrical components.

From Google

The electrolyte in lithium-ion batteries contains flammable materials with harmful chemicals, posing a risk of catching fire under certain conditions. To address this issue, manufacturers are exploring solutions such as dividing the battery into small cells with separating firewalls.

Latest posts

Back