Vibrations at over than 110mph

BMW i4 Forum

Help Support BMW i4 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVpower76

Hello, divers!

Loving my car, but the relationship started tilting. Whenever I accelerate or brake at more than 110 mph, I feel a vibration that bothers me. What could be wrong? Any damage? Or, is this normal?

Common issues when it's vibrating are the tires. I would have it aligned and rotated first, maybe that should fix the vibration issue.

"Vibration" is super vague. Also, diagnosing "vibrations" and "noises" on a forum is iffy at best.

That said, what's the nature of this vibration? Body shake? Wheel hop? Pulsing/pulsating sensation in brake pedal? Vibration in the suspension?

Besides getting an alignment and tires rotated, also have the tires' balance adjusted and corrected as necessary. That's a long shot, as most out-of-balance tires vibrates around 50-65 mph. Why? My theory is that most tires have diameters in the range of 16 to 19 inches so any imbalance in a wheel plus tire combo will also happen in a fixed wheel RPM range.

Pulsing brake pedal means warped brake rotor(s).

I don't think it'd be loose stuff in the suspension as that wouldn't result in vibration at specific speeds.

Back